Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How to wipe and install windows xp using a cd without logging in?

I cant login to my computer and everytime i do it within seconds logs off on its own. How can I wipe my computer and install windows xp using a cd. I dont want to save any of my files. I just want to delete all files from the hardrive and install windows xp. I have the cd so thats not an issue. REMEMBER I CANT LOG IN TO MY COMPUTER!
You can erase all your files on the Disk by formatting it.

FLV converter for Mac is also a flash video editing tool.


Hopefully your WinXP CD is bootable, first you set the CMOS settings to first boot on your CD/DVD-Rom, then save and exit. and it will restart the Comp. then after. It will msg as "Press any key to boot from CD" with that you will boot it from Cd and install a new OS on your Computer. Just format your Computer before installing your OS(windowsXP).
with that without even login you completely erase or start a new Windows XP.
hope that helps! :)

Mod Converter for Mac also helps you to edit your Mod file and optimize it.


you dont need to wipe your computer
if you start your computer in safe mode, when it gets to the login screen it should show an administrator account thats not there when you start windows normally. If you havent disabled that you should be able to login under that administrator account and delete the password on your account so you may login again
I'm going to keep this simple:
1) You could try safe mode and disable any start-up items.

Mac Tod converter provides several optimized seetings for iPod adn iPhone.


2) Since that normally doesn't work, take the CD and put it into your cd-drive. Make sure your pc is set to start from a cd-rom, and then follow the instructions for installation. You could choose to delete the partition and do a clean install, or install over it. I would not use the recovery console, since it never works for me.
When your computer is starting up, you need to press DEL key or some other key (different manufacturers sometimes have different keys to press) to enter SETUP. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select BOOT and set the CD as the first boot. Press F10 to save and exit. The XP CD should be in the CD drive when you power up next time. Just follow the instructions to reformat dive and install XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment